This is how we roll.

Monday 13 September 2010

If I Wanted To Be Popular, I'd Blog on Myspace

This entry is going to be slightly more serious than my last ones. Sorry, guys. I do try to cater to your reading demands but just occasionally, I need to share my thoughts too.

I didn't reach my goal of 11lbs in one week. The reason? My hair has started falling out. My heart is seriously struggling to pump blood around my body. I get kept awake at night by its irregular pounding and the pains. I am cold all of the time. I am exhausted all of the time. In July, I could do 120 hour fasts without batting an eyelid. Last week, I got to 80 hours and I couldn't walk up the stairs without needing a rest.
So I ate.

Of course, these are the risks we take. Our diet is what is termed as "extreme" or "starvation" - to us, it's just...well, it's just how we roll. But in my opinion, at least, there is a line. The line between "extreme" diet and full blown eating disorder. A line that I am getting dangerously close to.

I cannot stop weighing or measuring myself. I'm lying about what I've eaten and when. I am becoming terrified of food. I am seriously considering buying laxatives so that I at least have some sort of back up plan when I over-eat. The most worrying thing of all, is that a large part of me is not concerned about these things.

I know I chose this. When I came out of hospital in June after my second overdose I knew that if I didn't do something I would be back in again in a month or the next time, they'd just be wheeling me straight to the morgue. I don't want to die. I like living. I might be miserable and out of control and just plain messed up but at least I'm alive to have the hope that things could get better. That's what this is for me. It's hope. This gives me stability, control and the hope that if things aren't better when I'm thin, at least they'll be easier.

I knew the risks when I chose it. I knew that I could die, but in my mind, it was a choice between dying sooner or later. I knew that eventually, this would happen. Eventually, this was going to stop being fun (it still is in a lot of ways [and by that I mean you guys], but not in a lot of others). I knew I probably wouldn't be able to stop. That I'd just be fighting a different enemy. I accepted that and passed up the right to cake. But truth be told, I thought I'd have more time than this.

That said, my collarbones are trying to peek through and I can see ends of my femur where it joins up with my knee. I'm not giving up now.

Slightly Happier Things

No fasts this week. I am going to live off salad and 5 cal jelly for the next week (usual 300 cals a day type of thing, not including the milk and pro-biotic yoghurt I have to take with my meds) and we'll see how I feel next Monday.

One thing I've noticed about us is that we don't give ourselves a lot of credit for our achievements so, I've decided to write a list of rewards next to my goals. If you decide you want to do the same, post them at the bottom, I'd be interested to read them :)

Today's Thinspo

I think Halle Berry is gorgeous. Enjoy ^_^

Today's Quote

"Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Today's Playlist

1) Love Your Ways - Salmonella Dub (Love this. Thank you, Peri!)
2) All Is Love - Karen O and the kids
3) La Vie En Rose - Edith Piaf
4) Here We Go Again - Paramore
5) Out of Control - Rufio (btw, if you haven't seen Hook. DO IT)

I love you all, so much.

Analise.

15 comments:

  1. your willpower to fast is incredible but please take care of yourself! the reward thing is a good idea - i'm going to come up with some of my own now :)
    stay strong xx
    p.s. 5 cal jelly? where!??!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing wrong with giving up a fast and eating when your body is starting to give up on you, please remember that. I could never do a five day fast even if I had the willpower for it, so wow. Just remember to stay safe, please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg, ive been experiencing something similar, as to hair starting to fall out :( i dont know what is happening. its almost been a patch of bald spot. ive got some liquid to help stimulate the growth.. i read that eggs help. so i cannot wait until wed where ill have probably 2 eggs?

    just wanted to tell you youre not alone..

    ReplyDelete
  4. im so proud of you for your willpower! i wish i could be even half as strong as you! but dont take it to far that you get ill! :/ stay strong! ox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep safe, love <3 I've been straddling the line between fucked up eating and full blown bulimia for a long time so I know how it feels when the obsession really starts to creep in =\ Clever me is actively pursuing the bad shizz, though. -is a numptybutt-. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Halle Berry is BANGIN', Rufio was the bomb, and seeing Salmonella Dub up there was the most massive warm fuzzies you could ever imagine!

    Fuck YES living is fun! Are you up north or here down under? Go out and sit in the sun, smell some daffodils or crunch in some leaves.

    Take care of yourself today, alright? We always have less time than we think, you need to make the most of what you have.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Halle Berry is BANGIN', Rufio was the bomb, and seeing Salmonella Dub up there was the most massive warm fuzzies you could ever imagine!

    Fuck YES living is fun! Are you up north or here down under? Go out and sit in the sun, smell some daffodils or crunch in some leaves.

    Take care of yourself today, alright? We always have less time than we think, you need to make the most of what you have.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hehe, that picture does have a kind of allure to it doesn't it.

    don't mention it babe, best of luck and thanks for the warm comment,
    Love and hugs,
    Elle

    ReplyDelete
  9. You make me sad, please get better you sound like a wonderful person :(

    try vitamin c instead of laxatives, its easier on the tummy. Take 500mg of it in the morn then another at night. Your body dosn't hold vitamin c in big doses very well so it rids its self of it, waste and all!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. i follow you :)
    http://gairahlove.blogspot.com/
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Watchmen reference, Watchmen reference. . . I can't see it :( I really did feel a bit like Rorschach yesterday, though! *Sigh* I need to read the comic again!

    Do you want me to post up the article? It was one of the more interesting ones we've had to read :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Analise,
    I just typed a really long comment to you and it got deleted by mistake. So here's really long comment: take 2!

    I wanted to say thank you for being so supportive and loving through your comments on my blog. It's so nice to read your words. I am so happy that you are choosing life.

    I finally have some time on the computer by myself so I have been catching up on reading your blog!

    I understand what you mean about there being a line between restriction and an eating disorder. I think I'm coming close to that line as well. Maybe I already crossed it. It's a little blurry sometimes.

    I didn't get a chance to answer those 5 questions that you asked your readers! So I'm answering them now :)
    1) Today I am better than yesterday. Still a little sad but I'm channeling my self-destruction into smoking cigarettes, starving, obsessing and possibly drinking tonight. I believe that these are all prettier options than bleeding. So I'm going with that.
    2) I think I found your blog when you started following mine. There are so many things I love about your blog: the layout, your writing style, your list of likes and dislikes, and especially you. You are my favorite part of your blog ;)
    3) What do I do? I worry. I think. I eat. I don't eat. I count things. I wash my hands 3 times, every time. I obsess. I smile. I cry.
    4) I'm from the USA...
    5) Well my ultimate goal weight for now is 97 pounds (I'm only 5 feet tall). I'm pretty sure I'll celebrate by losing more weight, though.

    So anyway. I hope you are doing well today <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohh I forgot to mention that I take flaxseed oil capsules to help with hair loss. And it makes my fingernails fantastic too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think you are just the best.

    You always make me feels so much better and you really seem like you care when you comment. Thank you. Like more then you know :)

    And I really like how shiloh sounds in my head too. That's why I picked it :P

    I totally understand about needing another enemy to fight. I'm actually working on a reward system myself now, but the concept of rewards seems very foreign...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you're having a good weekend, love. Are you looking after yourself and doing some mindless fun things? If you're not GO DO SOME NAO! Some of us have to work, so you'd better be having their fun for them too! :p

    Lovely dreams of sexy boys and girls waiting on your every whim <3

    ReplyDelete